Our next General Counsel Seminar will take place in Miami on Tuesday, September 10th 2013 in association with Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
– Pitching the client – what works and what doesn’t from a diversity perspective.
– Client hospitality – what should law firms offer their clients?
– Diversity and inclusion – the benefits of having a diverse law firm.
Diverse GCs discuss how to succeed and win their business
– Examining career development within the in-house legal department: winning pitches, setting diversity goals, how to deal with and overcome ethical challenges, the role of GCs and law firms in promoting various diversity, mentoring and other initiatives within the organizations/firms.
– Dodd-Frank implications: the Dodd-Frank Act includes diversity and inclusion oversight for all companies governed by federal financial regulators.
Sponsorship vs Mentorship for female lawyers
– Discussion of successful mentoring strategies for women lawyers.
– Exploring the benefits of being a mentor/mentee.
– Examining the differences between sponsorship and mentorship.
– Recognizing and taking advantage of opportunities with diverse lawyers.
– How to proactively create and develop mentoring and sponsorship relationships.
(Left to right) Angela Camacho and Patricia Menéndez-Cambó
– Angela Camacho – Associate General Counsel, Microsoft Latin America.
– Adrienne Cornejo – Vice President Legal Affairs, Phoenix Packaging LLC.
– Patricia Menéndez-Cambó – Vice President and Secretary, Greenberg Traurig.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org